Factsheet for your reference:
Registration will be done with effect from 24th September till 20th October 2023 on first come first based on the following slots 25 male and 25 Female. The confirmation of run participation must done on or before 20th October, 2023.
The 24.78 KM Laya Run will flag off from Ponjothang on 23rd October 2023. which will take about 8 hours at an average walking speed. The expatriates and tourists will be charged a registration fee of Nu.5000/- per person and Bhutanese citizens will be charged Nu.3000/-. This fee will be used to cover the packed lunch, refreshments on run day, prizes, certificates, and porter’s charges.
Check List for Runners
- Mail the filled-up form to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- sleeping bag and mat
- Warm Cloths
- Raincoat or umbrella
- Toiletry items
- Need to carry a small backpack with warm clothes on the run day to avoid the chill weather at Laya
- The original registration form needs to be produced during the reporting time at Gasa Hot Spring on the 22nd of October 2023 evening.
- The route permit from Thimphu to Laya for the expatriates will be followed up by the Run focal person, however, they have to submit their passport with the run registration form at the earliest for further approval. For tourists, the concerned travel agent needs to arrange.
- The transportation for the runners from Gasa Hot Spring to run flag off point and back will be arranged by the organizer.
- If you are Dessup please kindly bring a set of uniforms to render volunteer services during the Royal Highland Festival at Laya on 23rd and 24th October, 2023.
- Transportation from your workplace to Gasa hot spring must be managed by yourself.